Sunday, March 3, 2013

Girls on Film

I have a shoot this morning! So excited, haven't taken a photo in what feels like years (it's been about 3 months). Today I'm doing something a little different from normal, it's going to be more editorial and fashion related, I also be doing some black and white shooting. I'm excited to experiment with different types of photography. I've been studying W magazine and Vogue, as well as looking through Pinterest for inspiration. 

Inspiration Board, if you want to check it out :) 

I'm hoping this goes well, I feel like I've been in a little bit of a creative funk lately. However I'm almost positive that it has to do with the weather. 

Like jesus, make up your goddamn mind! Want to be warm one day and give me the faintest of hopes that it's starting to get nice out then...

BAM! 

You rip that tiny ray of sunlight away and replace is with a planet Hoth style blizzard. Come on Mother Nature, what the hell are you doing? 

I have a lot of ideas for photoshoots but they all are outside (seeing as I don't have access to a studio or empty rooms) and most of my current inspirations involve water. Unless I find a really cool model who wants to risk contracting hypothermia for the sake of art, I'm going to have to wait a bit to start my projects. 

Luckily I do have an idea that I'll hopefully be working on soon that involves intense face makeup (something I haven't gotten a chance to do yet!) and the USS Salem. A friend of mine, who has modeled for me in the past, her dad has extended a pretty sweet offer to me that I can't really pass up. I'm really excited for that opportunity and to see what I can do with it! 

I'll be sure to put up a post about how the shoot went today as well as some photos from the set, I'll also link my two photography pages incase anyone is interested in seeing more of my work. 

Well time for me to head out, hope my camera is charged ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment