Monday, March 4, 2013

Hipster Nation

So yesterdays photoshoot which was originally supposed to be an editorial styled shoot sort of took a turn from the mainstream and we ended up in Hipster Nation. I got a couple black and white shots in there and some editorial type shots, but mostly it was high waisted shorts made from thrifted mom jeans and disinterest. 

It started out as a normal shoot of mine usually does, spending a couple minutes to catch up and have a friendly chit chat (all of my models are friends of mine so shooting is also a good excuse for girl talk) then we got to business. After getting acclimated to the frozen tundra of a basement we were using as a backdrop we got to work picking our first outfit. We did some black and white head shots and then decided to move onto something more fashion forward. As a joke I snapped a picture of Annalee in her underwear and the result looked like I had picked it straight off of Tumblr. 

After that we basically abandoned the idea of editorial and decided to see how hipster we could get. It was a lot of fun and this shoot actually gave me the opportunity to mess around with different editing techniques

As much as I enjoyed the day and the pictures I took it helped me realize that what I really love to do is more fictional and other worldly photography. I like to create stories and worlds when I work, using the places around me but putting my own spin on things. I have a shoot coming up that I'm really excited about experimenting with levitation and face paint and different lighting styles. 

Feel free to visit all of my links that I sprinkled throughout this post, shameless self promotion is always a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment